Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Little Angel - Nathan

Two and a half months ago when Charlene was in NUH, almost everyday I will see Nathan's parents outside PICU having their meals and resting. Their little boy, Nathan was diagnosed with acute liver failure when he was 1 month old.

I had only seen him once. I stood outside his room and looked at him. He was very active and alert, a handsome little boy. 

After Charlene went home to the Lord, I didn't see Nathan nor his parents anymore. I didn't even have his mum's number. Only last week when we went to NUH to visit another child, we bumped into Nathan's parents yet again. His mum told me that doctors did not perform the liver transplant for Nathan as the success rate of the transplant is low and Nathan's immune system was very weak. 

It has barely been a week... Nathan has gone home to the Lord.

In his eulogy, his mum described him as a feisty fighter, a brave little boy. Indeed, all our special needs children are so brave.

While they fight so hard to live, how are the rest of us living our lives? Let this be a reminder to us all to treasure our lives and live our lives meaningfully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment